Civil War Standards
AP US History
Georgia Performance Standards
|1) Two societies at war:
mobilization, resources, and
2) Military strategies and foreign
3) Emancipation and the role of
4) Social, political, & economic
|1) Describe President Lincoln’s
efforts to preserve the Union
as seen in his second
inaugural address and the
Gettysburg speech and in his
use of emergency powers,
such as his decision to
suspend habeas corpus.
2) Describe the roles of UlyssesGrant, Robert E. Lee,
3) Explain the importance of Fort
4) Describe the significance of
5) Explain the importance of the
|1) Integrate information from
diverse sources, both primary
and secondary, into a
coherent understanding of an
idea or event, noting
discrepancies among sources.
2) Evaluate an author’spremises, claims, and
3) Analyze in detail how a
4) Cite specific textual evidence
Student Investigation Questions
1. Use the documents, videos, and Google map contained within this website to evaluate
the impact Sherman’s fighting in GA had on Pres. Lincoln’s Re-Election in 1864.
(AP Standard #4)
2. Use the documents, videos, and Google map contained within this website to determine the impact Gen. Sherman’s military campaign in GA had on the economy.
(Georgia Standards #2 and #5)
3. Use the documents, videos, and map as evidence to evaluate the impact the military campaign in GA had on Pres. Lincoln’s 1864 Re-Election.
(Common Core Standards 1-4)
Click icons to access
Document Analysis Tools
Published Units: Civil War